Re: [Shop-talk] Sticking/Draging caliper

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sticking/Draging caliper
From: Matt Wehland <mjw@littlegrassy.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 23:40:01 -0600
Well then any more suggestions on what to look at?
The rotor is new and seems fairly true by eye, no dial indicator to
check hub/rotor runout.

I need to put a tire on it to make sure the rotor is snugged up, or find
some washers, the lug nuts are bottomed out with just the rotor on it,
but it seems fairly snug with no play.

The binding/dragging is 360 degrees, but is tighter at some spots.

The parking brake cable is not hooked up, not does it even have an end
on it.
Cable froze up several years ago, just cut the end off, easy middle of
winter fix.
Wife never used the parking brake, so I never bothered replacing the cable.

Now that I am back driving it, it is on my list of things to fix.

I have to work all day tomorrow, probably won't touch it tomorrow.
I will try some things out on Thursday and check back in.

Matt

--
Matt Wehland
(815) 295-4533