[Shop-talk] Winterizing (summerizing?) an engine?

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Winterizing (summerizing?) an engine?
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 13:03:42 -0500

--0000000000008160f805bfde75b6

Guys,

I have a snowblower. It might not get used at all in a winter, it might get
used ten times. And I have a long driveway, so I don't want to sell it.

I would like to winterize it such that next October if I want to fire it up
I don't have to do what I did this February and disassemble it in the cold
to get it to run.

It doesn't have a battery, so this is a gas/carb. issue only.

Is it best to drain most of the gas and let it run until it dies from
starvation? Would that leave residue on the jets that might varnish? I'm
hesitant to use Sta-bil--I had a bad experience with that once. Drain the
gas, take it apart and spray everything with carb cleaner or the like?

This is the first engine I have that might sit for two years straight then
need to get fired up as quickly as possible, so I'd like to do this right.

Thanks in advance.

--0000000000008160f805bfde75b6

 get used at all in a winter, it might get used ten times. And I have a lon=
d like to winterize it such that next October if I want to fire it up I don=
&#39;t have to do what I did this February and disassemble it in the cold t=
in most of the gas and let it run until it dies from starvation? Would that=
 leave residue on the jets that might varnish? I&#39;m hesitant to use Sta-=
bil--I had a bad experience with that once. Drain the gas, take it apart an=
This is the first engine I have that might sit for two years straight then =
need to get fired up as quickly as possible, so I&#39;d like to do this rig=

--0000000000008160f805bfde75b6--

--===============0721727946292997090==

--===============0721727946292997090==--