Re: [Shop-talk] Winterizing (summerizing?) an engine?

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Winterizing (summerizing?) an engine?
From: Larry Spector <lspector@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 14:14:04 -0400
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--000000000000394e2905bfde9973

I have a 2-stroke Toro snowblower that I "summerize" by draining the fuel,
and then running 'til it starves. It's restarted on the first or second
pull every time I pull it back out of storage.

-Larry

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 2:07 PM Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I have a snowblower. It might not get used at all in a winter, it might
> get used ten times. And I have a long driveway, so I don't want to sell it.
>
> I would like to winterize it such that next October if I want to fire it
> up I don't have to do what I did this February and disassemble it in the
> cold to get it to run.
>
> It doesn't have a battery, so this is a gas/carb. issue only.
>
> Is it best to drain most of the gas and let it run until it dies from
> starvation? Would that leave residue on the jets that might varnish? I'm
> hesitant to use Sta-bil--I had a bad experience with that once. Drain the
> gas, take it apart and spray everything with carb cleaner or the like?
>
> This is the first engine I have that might sit for two years straight then
> need to get fired up as quickly as possible, so I'd like to do this right.
>
> Thanks in advance.

--000000000000394e2905bfde9973

uot; by draining the=C2=A0fuel, and then running &#39;til it starves. It&#3=
9;s restarted on the first or second pull every time I pull it back out of =
"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 2:07 PM Sco=
tt Hall &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:scott.hall.personal@gmail.com"; target=3D"_bla=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rg=
I have a snowblower. It might not get used at all in a winter, it might get=
 used ten times. And I have a long driveway, so I don&#39;t want to sell it=
ber if I want to fire it up I don&#39;t have to do what I did this February=
It doesn&#39;t have a battery, so this is a gas/carb. issue only.</div><div=
 dies from starvation? Would that leave residue on the jets that might varn=
ish? I&#39;m hesitant to use Sta-bil--I had a bad experience with that once=
. Drain the gas, take it apart and spray everything with carb cleaner or th=
 sit for two years straight then need to get fired up as quickly as possibl=
ance.</div></div>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=