Re: Paint code for '81 1500

To: Paul McMullen <Paul@mcmullen.force9.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Paint code for '81 1500
From: Ron Fowler <triumph@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 21:35:51 -0400
Paul,

I have seen these codes on a number of '80 Spits.  I checked my sources
for Spitfire paint codes and couldn't find a reference to NCG.  However,
the code does show up in the paint code list for TR7/8's as per The
Roadster Factory's Catalogue for these models (Page XV).  NCG, according
to their Code chart is "Porcelain" while "Leyland White" is code NAF.

Leyland White can be seen at the following address from the VTR website:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-charts/dupont7.jpg

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-charts/dupont2.jpg

The second reference may illustrate another shade of white.

Although probably not available, I did find Unipart codes for touch up
paints for the two shades in question:

Porcelain (NCG):         GAP485               Leyland White (NAF):
GAP415

Perhaps these might help at your local Unipart dealer.

Again, I have seen each of these paint codes on later Spitfire models,
unfortunately I can't remember if there was any difference in the two.
Good Luck (and be sure to keep the significant other happy - this aids
in future Triumph purchases!).

Ron Fowler
'80 Spitfire (Inca Yellow) and a pair of Wedges!!