Re: Paint code for '81 1500

To: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Paint code for '81 1500
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:17:59 -0400
At 10:53 PM 8/16/98 PDT, Ryan Smith wrote:
>On the daily trip down to my store I'll check out the Martin Senior
>books and confirm this for you....
>
>>NCG, according to their Code chart is "Porcelain" while "Leyland White"
>is code NAF.
>
>As for computer matching I've seen some good and some bad results.  At
>Smith Automotive we use microfiche, books, and an old guy named Henry to
>match paint. :)

For a total respray, computer matching should be fine.  It's not as if you
are only repainting one panel, where you have to deal with matching
weathered paint and the original texture.

And with all due respect to ol' Henry, my local auto-paint store did a
spot-on match when I went in and asked for a quart of Triumph Code 82
(Carmine Red).

Cheers,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Original Paint with Factory Drips and Runs.
And now a matching Fiberglass Hardtop.