RE: DOT5 fluid; was Spitfire Clutch Question

To: <christopher.leblanc@rss.rockwell.com>, "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Subject: RE: DOT5 fluid; was Spitfire Clutch Question
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 23:21:22 -0400
I replaced the brake lines, rear cylinders, and rebuilt the M/C. (I don't
think all are required, but the condition of mine DID require all this).
Flushed 91% isopropyl alcohol through the old stuff before disassembly, then
filled with DOT5 (roughly 1 QT with the flush, etc. this leaves a little to
top up with later -- but you shouldn't need it)

The local drugstore had 70% and 91% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol for about
$2/qt. I got 2 quarts, used just over 1.

Gregory W. Smith      http://www.cvn.net/~gsmith
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
1980 Spitfire 1500 "for the wife" :)
1980 TR7 Spider v8 (in progress)
1980 TR7 30th Anniversary Edition (deceased)