Brown Color -Reply

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, sales@cocoinc.com
Subject: Brown Color -Reply
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 07:12:10 -0500
My car was originally brown (yuck).  I had it stripped to the metal and
painted BRG.  I am very happy with the color and it looks great with a
black/brown interior and brown canvas top.

Pros of brown are - you don't have to repaint it.
Cons are - it costs a good bit to have it stripped and painted.  Although,
there are many alternatives to stripping.  Money no matter how you go.

I'm sure there a much better opinions on the best way to go about a paint
job than mine.  I say go with what color you prefer.  You have to live
with it and not us.

Kevin

>>> "Jack Levy - Computer Consultants - Hwd. FL"
<sales@cocoinc.com> 08/20/98 09:14pm >>>
I have not seen many brown Spitfires around, I wonder if it's because
they
were rare (doubt it) everyone hates brown cars or that they just look
better
in red or green.  I would like to know your opinion on this, it is a 1980
1500 and has original brown paint.
I bought the car about 2 weeks ago, it runs great, needs inserts on the
seats (beige houndstooh), needs new top and the paint has about 5 or 6
1-inch or less surface rust spots, nothing serious. Should I paint it or
strip it and paint it another color? I don't particularly like the brown but
others seem to, I know it's MY car, but what are the pros and cons.

Thanks

Jack
76 TR6
80 Spitfire