Bleeding the Clutch

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bleeding the Clutch
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:42:22 -0600
Guys and Girls !
I'm going CRAZY !
I have pumped and bleed that thing so much I feel like a member of
congress using our tax money!.
I have investigated, researched, torn it apart, and now I need to call
in witnesses.

Background:
New rebuild kit in both master and slave.
Using synthetic Valvoline DOT 4 and 5 approved.
I have a suction type bleeder, all it does is suck the piston to the
back of the master and sit there.
I went to the tried and true way of pumping and then releasing.
Did that till my back is killing me. Sitting on the floor with my legs
under the car, pumping with my left arm and turning the nipple with my
left. I have always released on the way down, I get a little air
sometimes and other times nothing.  I have bleed many systems over my
many years of shadetree work but I have never ran into a more stubborn
system than this.

Ken Starr ain't down here in SC and we don't know how to spell
Louewinsky and I have had enough of this !

Any ideas ?

Craig Smith