Re: gripe about Vicky Brit

To: "Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: gripe about Vicky Brit
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:14:45 -0800
Patrick,
Shipping from VB to Washington has always been the same as other
suppliers.  Did the parts arrive in that time, or have you gotten them
yet?

Some suppliers have to drop ship parts from elsewhere and that may
account for the delay.  Or they may be saying 10 days in order to CYA.
You are in the military so I'm sure you understand that term!

Regards,
Joe

"Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" wrote:

> Aughh!  I am really starting to hate Vicky Brit.  First you call them up
> and the only thing the kid on the other end of the line wants to know is
> credit card number, (count my blessings, at least he knows who triumphs are
> made by).  Then you place your order and they say it will be delivered in
> about 10 business days!!!!
>
> Unless I am mistaken (please someone pull out a VB catalog and tell me I am
> wrong)  Northeast Florida is well into their 4 day delivery zone.
>
> I know this is an approximation but 10 days from an approximate 4!  10
> business days is over 2 and a 1/2 weeks from now.  Something is seriously
> wrong,  I need the parts now not next Christmas!  I called their customer
> service line and got no where other than "we will have to change that"  I
> don't know anyone elses opinions of VB, but I will enjoy their current low
> prices for this order (and 6 to 8 week delivery time)  after that it is
> back to spitbits, and TRF if I could get them to send me a catalog.
>
> This might be minor but damn it, it torqed me.
>
> Finally off the soapbox and laying his weapons on the ground.
>
> Patrick Bowen
> '79 Spitfire
> Jacksonville FL

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer