Re: gripe about Vicky Brit

To: "Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: gripe about Vicky Brit
From: "Andrew R. Lindberg" <andylindberg@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:56:15 -0600
>Aughh!  I am really starting to hate Vicky Brit.  First you call them up
>and the only thing the kid on the other end of the line wants to know >is
credit card number

Vicky Brit's philosophy is to hire people who know zip about cars.  Their
reasoning being that if they know anything about the cars, they'll spend too
much time on the line.

>Then you place your order and they say it will be delivered in
>about 10 business days!!!!

And your problem is?  If I could get a part for my 1970 GT6+ (or 1964 Volvo
122s) in this amount of time, I would get down on all fours and give thanks
to (insert name of favorite deity here).

>I don't know anyone elses opinions of VB

As far as I know, they're the only U.S. folks producing a GT6 catalog.

>TRF if I could get them to send me a catalog.

Hate to complain, but Charles I've been waiting two years (that's years, not
months, not weeks, not days) for that GT6 catalog you promised me.

>This might be minor but damn it, it torqed me.

Yah, me too, and I can even spell torque. :>)

>Patrick Bowen '79 Spitfire

Uh, Pat, for a late model Spitty, you've even got Moss and TRF catalogs to
look at.  Try buying one of the forgotten Brits and see how enticing a short
ten-day wait for parts can be.

Andy Lindberg (Excuse me for my mid-winter venting.  Is it above freezing in
Florida?  Do you know what Seasonal Affectation Disorder is?  Did your Gov
just trash your home town on the Letterman show?  Did you even consider
heading for Chicago for good weather.  Andy, GT6+ in St. Paul, MN)