Re: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:10:40 +0000
> No one has yet to explain to me why the British had to paint "targets" on
> the wings and fuselages of their planes... were the German pilots really
> that bad at aerial gunnery? :-)

It was because being a sporting nation and all that, we thought it fair play to
give the 'hun' a sporting chance what!!!! :-)

Rich

> Reid
>  '79 Spitfire (with no "kills" to my credit!)

'73 Spitfire.....about to be killed!!!! Unless it gets IT'S arse in gear and
goes a bit faster and uses a bit less fuel, damn thing only seems to be doing
about 24mpg....when I first got it and set the carbs up right I managed 47mpg
on a run!!!

ps, anyone on the list going to Le Mans this year???