Re: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge

To: "richard jackson" <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge
From: "james carpenter" <james@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 21:08:51 -0000
Don't go and do what I did when I needed new carbs.  I went to Spitbits at
Jingle Farm (I hope the Council shut him down) and got a pair of used carbs
with "only 30k miles" on them, don't know what he did, but 2k miles later
and the spindles are more worn than a (insert sick analogy here or "the
carbs they were replacing").  The hood I got a Spitbits does not fit, and
the vertical link I got there snapped after 500 miles.  I am quite glad I
haven't got anything else from there.

Mind you I still get 33 to the gallon, 44 on a long run.  Mabe somthing to
do with it not reving to over 3800 rpm though.