Re: Door handles/locks

To: Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Door handles/locks
From: "Frederick D. Kass" <fkass@mtholyoke.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:53:05 -0500 (EST)
Actually, I have heard from city folk that many people find it a better
investment to buy a pullout radio with a convertable and always leave the
doors unlocked.  I guess after you get a few slashed ragtops you learn.

When I lived in a city for a bit I had my half working $40 stereo
borrowed.  I wouldn't have minded so much but they took out a $200 window
in my honda to get to the radio.

        -Fred (The lurker that will buy a spit one of these days!)

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Dean  Dashwood wrote:
> I would have thought that locking doors would be a good initial
> deterent, though - especially against the kind of thief who wanders down
> the street nonchalantly checking car doors, and when he finds one
> unlocked, "borrows" the stereo.  (No, I don't have a stereo worth
> "borrowing", but I know from previous cars that this doesn't actually
> make much difference!)  Plus, locking the doors will help if you happen
> to have a hard top fitted (just taken mine off for the summer - ok, so
> it's not summer yet, but Tuesday was definitely warm enough for my first
> bit of top-down driving.  Wow!  I can't wait till it's properly summer!)

Frederick D. Kass                mailto:fkass@mtholyoke.edu
Network And Systems Manager      Phone:  413.538.2375
Mount Holyoke College            http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~fkass
Have some CPU cycles to spare?  Visit http://www.distributed.net