Re: Door handles/locks

To: "Frederick D. Kass" <fkass@mtholyoke.edu>,
Subject: Re: Door handles/locks
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:50:04
The problem is with a pull out radio is they are not covered under most
auto insurance policies.  The radio has to be fully attached to the car in
order for it to be considered part of the car.  I prefer (not like I even
have a radio) the ones with a pop off face.

YMMV
Patrick

At 10:53 AM 3/25/99 -0500, Frederick D. Kass wrote:

>Actually, I have heard from city folk that many people find it a better
>investment to buy a pullout radio with a convertable and always leave the
>doors unlocked.  I guess after you get a few slashed ragtops you learn.
>
>When I lived in a city for a bit I had my half working $40 stereo
>borrowed.  I wouldn't have minded so much but they took out a $200 window
>in my honda to get to the radio.
>
>       -Fred (The lurker that will buy a spit one of these days!)
>
>On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Dean  Dashwood wrote:
>> I would have thought that locking doors would be a good initial
>> deterent, though - especially against the kind of thief who wanders down
>> the street nonchalantly checking car doors, and when he finds one
>> unlocked, "borrows" the stereo.  (No, I don't have a stereo worth
>> "borrowing", but I know from previous cars that this doesn't actually
>> make much difference!)  Plus, locking the doors will help if you happen
>> to have a hard top fitted (just taken mine off for the summer - ok, so
>> it's not summer yet, but Tuesday was definitely warm enough for my first
>> bit of top-down driving.  Wow!  I can't wait till it's properly summer!)

>Frederick D. Kass                mailto:fkass@mtholyoke.edu
>Network And Systems Manager      Phone:  413.538.2375
>Mount Holyoke College            http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~fkass
>Have some CPU cycles to spare?  Visit http://www.distributed.net

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire