Luggage rack placement

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
Subject: Luggage rack placement
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:06:40 -0500
Greetings,

I don't suppose someone could provide me with the dimensions for
retrofitting a luggage rack to the boot? Any dimensions (edge of boot to
edge of base of foot or to the actual center of the screw hole from 1
side and front or back of boot) that will allow me to properly position
the rack. The particular rack is of the low-profile variety. Your help
is appreciated!

Since we're on the topic of luggage rack varieties, Vicky Brit shows
what I like to call a 'high profile, tubular' rack. VB touts this as
being OEM, but I rarely see those style racks. I much prefer the
low-profile racks. The legs of which are much shorter and it seems to
hug the boot panel. These style racks also seem to use flat tubular
material. What can anyone tell me of the change, if any, of the change
in style of the luggage rack?

Thanks once again,

Vic