Re: Luggage rack placement

To: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Subject: Re: Luggage rack placement
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:27:50 -0400
First, let me correct wizardz, there was no 'factory'
luggage rack. They were always dealer installed accessories.
The size and shape of the rack depended on the supplier.
Amco sold a rack that was higher, and held in by two
screws at the front and four at the rear. The front screws
were screw and nut type, while the rear four were metal
screws (self tapping). The flat rack was a later accessory,
but I am not sure of the supplier. I think that the reason
for the flat rack is that it was a universal type, and could
be installed on any car with a flat(tish) trunk(boot) lid.

Cheers,

--
Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ford.com