RE: Nitrous Oxide

To: "'dayton carpenter'" <djcarpen@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Nitrous Oxide
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:21:38 -0500
I do believe that Dayton is one of those individuals that believes bigger is
absolutely better.  No Cubic inches is not the name of the game.  It is a
part of a formula while looking for the answer, it is not the answer.  I
would make a pretty solid guess that your 4.3 ltr weighs a considerable bit
more than my spit engine.  Not to mention the fact that you now need to cut
a huge hole in the bonnet to make it fit.  You now have the problem of
adding several hundred pounds to the front end of a sports car that is
already nose heavy.  If I wanted to drop a 12 litre engine into a car, then
there are plenty of choices from the detroit arena.  However I want a car
with real styling and handling characteristics.   So tell me, how would your
car compare to mine at the local races through the slolom.  Sorry, but I
don't think you would be able to stay within the cones.

Sorry, but I would rather use skill to improve on what I have rather than
dropping in a junkyard engine that will tear up all my subsystems anyhow.

Patrick