honda s2000 (was Re: Nitrous Oxide)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: honda s2000 (was Re: Nitrous Oxide)
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:05:49 -0800 (PST)

for all those guys wondering about the reliability of the s2000, don't you
think honda took all that into account when they built it?  it doesn't seem
logical for honda, with a strong history of reliability, to build an engine
with limited reliability.  almost all of thier engines can go for 500,000 miles
before even showing signs of wear, and even with the s2000 i'm sure it will
last at least 100,000 if not more.  the engine does use a long stroke as
compared to race cars, but not as long as compared to the prelude engine.  the
v-tec version of the prelude will rev to 8000, so why not 9000 on the s2000?
it all seems resonable to me.  the big question with the s2000 is that you get
VERY limited power below 5000rpm.  the leads to a sluggish street car for every
day driving.