Re: honda s2000 (was Re: Nitrous Oxide)

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: honda s2000 (was Re: Nitrous Oxide)
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 07:38:32 -0700

Fred Thomas wrote:

> Joe, had a neighbor buy a V/W bug about 10 years ago, the car was 15 years
> old and only had 7500 total miles on it, shopping, grocery store, B. parlor,
> etc., this was truly the little old lady car. I told my neighbor, remember
> that car was broke-in and use to this type driving only, don't think you are
> going to use this car on the interstate and freeway as your dailey driver,
> it will not work, 2 weeks the engine blew on the freeway, yes only after 800
> much harder miles than it was use too. Don't let anyone tell you a car does
> not get used to how it was driven, not so, they do.  "FT".

You are so right Fred,  My wife's former '84 Firebird SE was bought by a
teenager who was so proud of it!  A week later his mother called and
asked what kind of warranty I was going to give because he had thrown a
rod!

The car was 14 years old and had less than 100K miles on it.

Joe

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer