Re: Question about lens colors

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Question about lens colors
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:29:24 -0700
Jeff,
>From all I can tell, the Mk3 has two piece lenses (White and amber) all
the way up through '69.  In '70 they changed to the all amber ones (at
least for the US models).  I think the ones for the rest of the world
remained unchanged through the entire Mk3 production.

So it would seem that yours might have been replaced sometime in its
past.  Or the entire bonnet might not be original to the car!

Jeff McNeal wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I seem to recall my original US market '67 Spitfire Mk3 having clear turn
> signals/parking lamps in the front.  My current UK market '67 Mk3 has amber
> parking and turn signals.  Is this "correct"?  Exactly when were the white
> lenses used up front?  Andrew Mace?  Joe Curry?  Anyone?
>
> Also, for anyone who's interested, I documented (with more digital photos)
> my removal and replacement of the rear shocks last night and posted the
> project to my site today.  I hope someone finds this information useful.
>
> http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/shocks.shtml
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeff in San Diego
> '67 RHD Spitfire Mk 3