Re: brake Drum small Screws: How to get them loose ?

To: Ripart Lionel <ripart@ipce.eu.sony.co.jp>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake Drum small Screws: How to get them loose ?
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 07:16:40 -0800 (PST)
A large offset screwdriver usually works. You must
apply a lot of pressure from behind (pressing towards
the brake drum) while applying the torque. If you do
not have one, you can make one up from a 3/8 ratchet
extension. Grind down the male end into a screwdriver
blade that just fits the screw slot.
Another tool that may work is a hammer impact tool.
Sometimes, you just have to center punch and drill out
the old screw (carefully!).
A tiny dab of anti-sieze on the threads helps out for
next time.

Good Luck!

Carter

--- Ripart Lionel <ripart@ipce.eu.sony.co.jp> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I got my '67 MKIII  in October 98 and I haven't
> touch the rear brake yet.....
Do You Yahoo!?