Re: What's wrong with my brakes?

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's wrong with my brakes?
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 16:35:31 +0100
I've put DOT 5 silicon through my system...
I took a straw pole from the group on the best procedure and the general
thought is that DOT4 does mix with DOT5, but you get the worst of both
worlds, the slight spongyness of the DOT5 along with the rusty lines of
DOT4...
Also the different fluids (fluifs) effect the seals in different ways
(expanding and contracting them)..
So I went on the safe side and replaced all the seals and the brake lines
(worthwhile as they were steel and rusty as hell....
My advice, save the fluid change till a major overhaul...
Than you can do the whole system
Cheers
Tim

--