Re: stereo recomodations

To: Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: stereo recomodations
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 21:56:06 -0800 (PST)
Dave, I put a Sony in dash CD player/radio in my GT6
and put the 200 Watt amp in the trunk.  I drive 2 6x9
speakers that are in a box behind the seats.  They
have great bass and my neighbors can always hear me
come home.  I only put a CD in if I am in 2nd or 4th
gear though, youre right with that assumption.
Mark Holbrook
1969 GT6+ Convertible
--- Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave - I put in a JVC combo - radio only in the
> dash wired to a 12 disc
> changer in the boot on the right side wall.  It
> skips a little on rough
> pavement, but it's actually getting better with time
> as it breaks in.  For
> speakers, I put a couple of box speakers behind the
> seats and I can pull them
> out whenever I want.  Not exactly original, but then
> I'm not a stickler for
> that.  Very functional.  The controller and radio
> were on sale for 399 at
> Circuit City.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark Gardner
> '79 1500 with o/d
>
> Dave Simpson wrote:
>
> > Hi spit lister
> >
> > I about to replace the fiber transmisson cover
> with a plastic one and while
> > doing so I am going install a car stereo.
> >
> > When the cassete player I Had was still working I
> could only change tapes
> > while in 2nd or 4th. I would think a CD player
> would be worse. So what
> > options have other people taken,  Such as
> installing a radio only in the
> > dash and use a CD player/changer  that mounts in a
> remote location. ?
> >
> > For speakers I want to find a set that snap into a
> fixture/bracket so I
> > could easily remove them.
> >
> > Dave Simpson
> > 76 spitfire