Spitfire v. Midget power

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire v. Midget power
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2001 05:49:12 -0600
Hmm, interesting....  I just bought a new oil filter for Daffy.  On the box, it
 lists the various cars it fits, including, naturally, the Spit 1500, and the
 MG Midget 1500.  However, it lists the Spitfire as a 53 kW (i.e. 71 bhp)
 engine, but the Midget as 48 kW (i.e. 64 bhp), even mentioning that it is a
 Triumph engine.  I always assumed that the same tune was used in both engines,
 but maybe not?  Does anyone know why the Midget was down on power compared to
 the Spit?

Remember - UK spec in both cases.

Richard & Daffy