Re: Spitfire v. Midget power

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire v. Midget power
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:21:29 -0800 (PST)
Let me know if anyone wants a copy of that Road and
Track article (it was 1974 written by John Dinkel).
And it was a number of dynomometer tests done in
stages to a US model '73-'74 1500, by a mechanic named
Jim Coan at Roy Woods racing facilities in Gardena,
California. (he was the current west coast competition
advisor, according to the article.)

Also, with regards to bhp of the Spitfire and the
Midget both were listed in another article by R&T in a
1976 issue, and they were using manufacturer specs of
US '76 model year cars. And according to the
comparisons, the Spitfire had 57.5 bhp and the Midget
had 55.5 bhp peak. So someone at Leyland must have
missed a key stroke when recording information, or
maybe there is some difference in the
engines/exhaust/whatever.

-Terry