Re: Spitfire v. Midget power

To: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire v. Midget power
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:53:13 -0500
Richard B Gosling wrote:

> Hmm, interesting....  I just bought a new oil filter for Daffy.  On the box,
>it
>  lists the various cars it fits, including, naturally, the Spit 1500, and the
>  MG Midget 1500.  However, it lists the Spitfire as a 53 kW (i.e. 71 bhp)
>  engine, but the Midget as 48 kW (i.e. 64 bhp), even mentioning that it is a
>  Triumph engine.

  It looks like it is taking the Midget power rating from
another year.

  There is some thought that the engine made less power in
the Midget install because of the engine bay design affects
on the exhaust... but not 7hp. The performance numbers of
the two cars are way too identical to be even close to
7hp.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca