Re: 1500 Venting

To: Larry Vaughan <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Venting
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:33:35 -0500
Larry Vaughan wrote:

> Why do you think ignorant people should be restricted by law that more
> enlightened people can circumvent?

  Well, that's the problem isn't it?

  Governments can't differentiate between responsible and
considerate modifications to cars, and yahoos. There is
no wallet-sized "Not an Idiot" card you could flash to
the emissions test mechanic while you explain that
the Weber DGV you have installed is a lot cleaner than
the original water-choke ZS you removed.

  The guy behind you in line is just as convinced that
his quad webers and scrotal oil catch jar is the
right thing to do. ;>

  Anyways, some people just don't get it.

  This world of ours has produced hundreds of thousands
of automotive engineers, studying their entire lives,
working in fully equipped labs with corporate funding,
assistants, measuring tools, everything that the world
could possibly give them to help make cars better.

  ...yet there will always be yahoos who think they
can do better in their garage, without reading manuals
or even understanding basic concepts.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca