RE: A couple basic questions

To: "'Chuck Pedretti'" <chuckp@magenic.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: A couple basic questions
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:05:40 +0200
Chuck

I had a quick look at the pictures and the lights you mention do not appear
original . Sorry .

I'm not really familiar with US spec Spitfires , but AFAIK , there should be
two sets of small round lights ( similar to old Mini lights ) at the rear (
not Mk 1 - Mk 2 Spits though ) . Two should be amber ( orange like ) for
your indicator lights and two should be clear for reverse / backing up
lights .

I've seen it mentioned before on this list that US Spitfires used plastic
lenses . I'm not sure about Spitfires assembled in other countries , but my
Mk 1 and Mk2's have amber glass lenses for indicator lights and one optional
extra Lucas rectangular reverse light ( clear glass ) .

Kind regards .
Chris de Wet .
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .
'56 TR 3 ( TS 10795 ) + '64 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 ( FC 25680 ) .

Projects : '62 Herald 1200 Coupe , '65 Herald 12/50 ( convertible ) ,
'63 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 , '66 Spitfire 4 Mk 2 .