Re: Swing spring Spit sagging.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Swing spring Spit sagging.
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 08:10:54 +0100
In article <5.0.2.1.2.20010406141009.02ab0ec0@mail.maine.rr.com>, Kevin
Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com> writes
>Don't forget guys, swing spring Spits do not depend on the rear leaf spring
>for much roll stiffness. If you have a car that sags one way or the other,
>then you need to look at the FRONT suspension. Either you have a bent
>anti-roll bar or you need to put a spring spacer over the front spring on
>the sagging side. I had to add the spacer on my car. I actually set it to
>lean a bit to the passenger side, so once my 280lbs is in the drivers seat
>it sits mostly level.

Carly sits much lower at the back than at the front (measured by
clearance between the top of the tyres and the bottom of the wheel
arches).   I can't believe that this can all be cured by lifting the
front of the car off the front spring with a spacer.   Having said that,
if the new rear spring doesn't even her out, I'll try the spacer at the
front - thanks for the tip!

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: