Re: 1500 Hard-top Questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 Hard-top Questions
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 08:16:30 +0100
In article <LAW2-OE4K8r6beUzmRf0000035c@hotmail.com>, Suzie
<suzie_bear@hotmail.com> writes

>Michael wrote:
>>
>> BTW, I'm having second thoughts about having my hard-top sprayed to
>> match Carly's Inca Yellow - not least because I have been quoted GBP160
>> to do it.   Black, however, would simply go on on top of the existing
>> red...   What is the opinion of the list?   Would a black hardtop on a
>> yellow Spit look daft, or classy?
>>

>It'll look great, the Mk IV I had 10 years ago had that colour combination
>and really looked 'the bizniz'. I  liked the fact that the hardtop was
>covered with black vinyl so there wasn't too much difference in the general
>impression between having that fitted or the soft top during the summer - I
>remember actually having summers all those years ago <g>

You are being very persuasive - but I still have a yen for an all-yellow
hard-top car.   I have an image in my mind of a yellow E-type with a
black roof, which looks dreadful!   Maybe the answer is just to slap
some black paint on it for the moment and then wait until the summer (if
we get one this year) before stripping all the old paint off and
painting it yellow.   Of course, if I come to like it black...

>Somewhere round here I should have a pic of that car, buried a little
>probably, but when I find one I'll scan it and post it on the TSSC website
>for you to check out. I'll let you know when I do that.

Please do - I'd love to see what it looks like.

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: