Re: Spitfire engine performance upgrade guide...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire engine performance upgrade guide...
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 19:23:45 +0100
In article <20010408173855393.AAA308@mail.141.com>, Laura Gharazeddine
<Laura.G@141.com> writes
>> Soft tops are available from the TSSC.   You can choose between Vynide,
>> Canvas and Mohair, and any of 24 colours (prices range from GBP95 to
>> "Price on application").
>
>How much is GBP95 in USD?

About USD135.85.

> Is that the price ofthe mohair?

<g> No - that's for the Vynide.   A black mohair one is GBP235
(USD336.05 approx.)   :-(

> I had wanted a mohair-
>and when Dave bought the top (long before I bought the car)-he had wanted a
>mohair top too, but found them too expansive, and that it would have to be a
>special order. (I have the canvas laminate.)

Canvas prices fall between the other two - GBP165 or USD235.95.

>"...all I want for Christmas is a mohair top,
>a mohair top,
>a mohair top,..."
>
>(I already have my two front teeth! ;-)

Looks like Father Christmas is going to have to start saving...

>> The TSSC also sell black Tonneaux, again in vynide, canvas and mohair
>> (prices range from GBP80 to GBP170)
>
>A *mohair* tonnueau? Isn't that a bit posh? I've seen mohair boot covers-on
>Jags
>for example-but a tonneau?

Absolutely.   They are (only) twice the price of the Vynide ones.

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: