Greeting LBCs

To: OC <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Greeting LBCs
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2001 08:32:12 -0500
I like to greet other LBCs, but get put off when it is not reciprocated.

When I drove an MGB GT, I could guarantee a wave out of any other MG driver (B,
 Midget, whatever) apart from MGFs!  One disappointment is that I don't always
 get the same level of response out of other Triumph drivers, even though we
 are fewer and further between.  I have given up greeting Dolomites and their
 relations (never bothered with Acclaims), but usually try to wave at any
 sporting Triumph or Herald/Vitesse.  80% of Spit and GT6 drivers wave back,
 but probably less than half of the other models (although it happens so rarely
 detailed statisitics are hard to come by).  I shall persist!

For a while I continued to wave at MGs, but they never wave at me, only their
 own kind, so I gave up on them!

Richard & Daffy

///