Re: Re: Greeting LBCs

To: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Greeting LBCs
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:11:55 -0600
> He would always say "I just don't like the way they
> look".

And a BMW Z3 looks *better*!?! I just don't get some people!

> Just remember that if another british car owner
> doesn't wave back to you, it's because they're too
> busy trying to stomp out the LUCAS electrical fire
> that is blazing in their glovebox or foot-well. (I
> forgot who said that a few years ago on the list, but
> I always thought it a bit clever and would give them
> credit).

Sounds like something Atwell "Wise Guy" Haines would write! ;-)

> -Terry
> '76 Spit 1500 (If I don't get my new seats soon, I'm
> going to sue someone.)
> Maryland
> P.S. So far this spring, I've gotten waved/honked at
> by a Morgan roadster driver, modern Jaguar XJ6/8(?)
> and an MGB. But I notice that Miata people don't
> wave/honk...Very strange.

I had a guy in a Series II E-Type Roadster not only wave, but come up to me at
a light and gush about my Spitfire!
Usually (in these parts), Jag owners are about as friendly as Miata people.

I had a guy in a gorgeous red Sunbeam wave the other day-of course, it was a
guy that I went out with a couple of times about 8 years ago (when the Sunbeam
was deep blue with a dove grey rally stripe and interior).

The coolest though, wasn't a LBC, but a woman in probably an $80k Mercedes Benz
who told me that she's seen the car around town and it's the cutest-and she
would love to have one like it!

Laura G.

///