Re: Greeting LBCs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Greeting LBCs
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:07:48 +0100
In article <"061C03AD30B5C04E*/c=us/admd= /prmd=Cat/o=NOTES/s=Gosling/g=
Richard/i=B/"@MHS>, Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
writes
>I like to greet other LBCs, but get put off when it is not reciprocated.
>
>When I drove an MGB GT, I could guarantee a wave out of any other MG driver (B,
> Midget, whatever) apart from MGFs!

How about MG Metros/Maestros/Montegos? <g>

>  One disappointment is that I don't always
> get the same level of response out of other Triumph drivers, even though we
> are fewer and further between.

When I drove a Sunbeam Stiletto, I was always astonished at the total
lack of any greeting as members of the Imp family passed each other.   I
gave up waving or flashing my lights.   The one time a Singer Chamois
flashed me I was so surprised I didn't manage to return the gesture
until he was disappearing in my rear-view mirror. :-(

>  I have given up greeting Dolomites and their
> relations (never bothered with Acclaims), but usually try to wave at any
> sporting Triumph or Herald/Vitesse.  80% of Spit and GT6 drivers wave back,
> but probably less than half of the other models (although it happens so rarely
> detailed statisitics are hard to come by).  I shall persist!

Given your sterling example, I shall too.

>For a while I continued to wave at MGs, but they never wave at me, only their
> own kind, so I gave up on them!

<g>

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001:

///