Re: Headers

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headers
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:27:44 -0400
I just did this to my Spit and it took a lot of modifying. I had to bend the
tubes to clear the frame and cut the mounting flange to put on the intake
maniflod. I have a Weber DGV and a Cannon manifold so I dont know if you
would have to cut the flange for an SU carb and manifold.

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg Va.
67 Spit Mk II  ( with 78 frame, engine & lots of upgrades)

> As I contemplate buying and installing an exhaust header to replace my
> original (and now ailing) manifold, I've been looking through the list
> archives. It appears that people have had problems with many brands ...
> and perhaps success with some? Most of the comments are a few years old;
> is there any current thinking on this?
>
> The "Pace Setter" header is very price-friendly, but SpitBits warns that
> it is problematic. I'd love to have the benefit of your experience.
> (This list is so great! Thanks!)
>
> Paul
> Silverdale, WA
> 1980 Spit 1500