Fw: Update from the newbie

To: "David Lover" <dlover25@home.com>
Subject: Fw: Update from the newbie
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 09:52:10 -0500
 Hi Dave,

 I've bought oil filters from Big Wheel/Rossi (now Checker), Spitbits
www.spitbits.com and The Little British Car Company www.lbcarco.com.  I know
some people have even used the Ford standard FL-1A.  FYI, there are two
different sizes of threaded adapters for oil filters - one is the same size
on both ends, one is larger on the filter end.  I don't think the size of
the filter "can" makes much difference.  IMHO, for the kind of mileage most
of us (at least up north here) put on each season, any "name brand" filter
that fits properly will be OK.  I like Castrol GTX, but you'll want to run
the 20W-50.  That is the viscosity recommended by Triumph.  The 1500 engine
is notoriously hard on oil.  Also consider an oil cooler, when you have a
spare $200 to spend.  As for the temp gage, my '74 will get to 3/4
regularly.  It hasn't overheated yet, even at 90 plus degrees in traffic.
Just keep an eye on it.

My experience with transmissions is nil, so I'll leave that to others more
knowledgeable than I.

 BillG

///