Re: update from the newbie

To: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: update from the newbie
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:00:49 -0400
As you raise the rear, the bottoms of the rear wheels move inwards towards
each other, and they get "stuck" in that position when you lower the jack.
It is totally natural and harmless.  You can always grab the bottom of
one rear wheel and give it a good yank, and the car will settle part way.
This is a bit easier to do with wire wheels, BTW.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

At 05:04 AM 4/30/01 , John Hobson wrote:

>David,
>
>My car does that too, and I've had new bushes and shocks on the back
>quite recently.  The spring hasn't been replaced though.  It always sits
>high after being jacked up, but always goes back down again.  I shouldn't
>have thought that it's any cause for concern
>
>I also have the same problem with the jack, I usually try and lift the
>car slightly by the wheelarch and then slide the jack under.
>
>cheers
>
>John

>David said:
>
>I noticed, that my car sat about 2 inches higher off the ground after
>jacking up the car. About 10 minutes later, it eventually sank back to
>normal. I had a real tough time getting my new hydraulic jack under the
>car.
>Can I assume that my shocks and springs are shot?

///