Re: inhibitor switch for overdrive

To: <destaff@yahoo.com>, "Spitfire List (E-mail)"
Subject: Re: inhibitor switch for overdrive
From: "Dashwood, Dean" <dean.dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:40:21 +0100
Hi Chris!

Surprised not to have seen a reply to your question yet.  I'm only on
the digest, so maybe someone has replied and I haven't got it yet, but I
thought I'd answer anyway....

The switch is mounted on top of the gearbox, towards the front of the
car.  It has two electrical connections coming out the top of it.  One
wire comes from under the bonnet and splits into two - one part feeds
12V to the reverse light switch, the other part feeds 12V to the
inhibitor switch.  The other side of the inhibitor switch should be
connected to the overdrive switch.  It's very easy to spot - if you're
having trouble finding it, I suspect there's something strange going
on.....

Hope that helps,

Dean