Re: RE: inhibitor switch for overdrive

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Subject: Re: RE: inhibitor switch for overdrive
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 06:35:19 -0400
It's interesting to me the various configurations that they came in.  I've got
three different
single rail overdrive gear boxes, and they all have different switch
configurations, mounted
in at least 4, if not 5 different locations as I recall.

One on the top of the main gearbox
One on the side of the front cover
One on the left side of the shifter  socket
One on the left side of the shaft housing in front of the shifter socket
and maybe one on the right side of the shifter socket.

All are identical two wire contact switches.

>>> Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com> 10/03 6:08 AM >>>
Dean,

I already replied to Chris' question, but I think we may be giving him
different answers.

As far as I remember from replacing the wiring about 1 1/2 years ago (so I
might be wrong), the reversing light switch is on the top of the gearbox
itself, but the o/d inhibitor switch is on the gearlever extension, right
where the gearlever goes into the extension, on the LH side.  Otherwise, all
is as you said, with the supply then heading up the gearlever to the o/d
switch, then down again to the o/d solonoid itself.

This is all for the later gearbox - mine's a '78 and Chris' a '76 so they
should be the same - it may all be different for the earlier boxes.