Re: thrashing my spitfire - and other observations.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: thrashing my spitfire - and other observations.
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:30:15 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/2001 9:07:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
richard.gosling@exprogroup.com writes:

<< Bear in mind that for those of us in the UK, our idea of a 'modern car'
does
 not have anything like the performance of a Dodge Charger - although I would
 agree that even our 'warm' hatches, let alone hot hatches, will out-drag a
 Spitfire.  >>

The '84 Charger was also a 4cyl, fwd, hatchback.  The only thing it has in
common with the Chargers you're thinking of Richard is the name.  V8 rwd
Chargers ceased in about '74.

Bill J
68 GT8
(and former owner of a 72 Coronet big block ex-police cruiser, the Chargers
4door sibling)