RE: thrashing my spitfire - and other observations.

To: "'Howard Allen'" <Howard.Allen@fairchildsemi.com>,
Subject: RE: thrashing my spitfire - and other observations.
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:02:01 +0100
Bear in mind that for those of us in the UK, our idea of a 'modern car' does
not have anything like the performance of a Dodge Charger - although I would
agree that even our 'warm' hatches, let alone hot hatches, will out-drag a
Spitfire.

The Spitfire fights back by being low, draughty, noisy, and, above all, your
arse is 2" off the ground, so it always FEELS much faster than a modern car
even if it is not!  This is still enough to scare (if not impress) most
people only used to modern cars.

Finally, one minor historical correction.  The Spitfire engine first
appeared (in 893cc form!) in a Standard car, and was only ever used for
cars.  It was the 4-cylinder engine used in early TRs (and others) that was
also used by Ferguson tractors AFAIK.

Richard & Daffy
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email