Re: thrashing my spitfire - and other observations.

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: thrashing my spitfire - and other observations.
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:56:12 -0400
If I am in a hurry, I shift around 4500, and I try never to go over 5000.
If I am puttering along on 25 mph urban streets (i.e. most of my driving),
I will certainly have enough power at 2000.

My advice is to rev it up when you need the power, but as soon as you reach
the desired speed, get it into 4th or overdrive to minimize the abuse.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit