Timing on 76 Spitfire 1500 2Deg ATDC or 10Deg BTDC

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing on 76 Spitfire 1500 2Deg ATDC or 10Deg BTDC
From: "bobby 731" <bobby731@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:29:22 -0700
I have a question about the timing on my 1976 spitfire.  The book says that
the timing should be 10Deg before top dead center and the sticker under the
hood says it should be 2Deg after top dead center.  Which of these are
correct for timing my car?  Also should the vacuum line remain on the
distributor or should it be disconnected and plugged while setting the
timing.  Thanks in advance for your Help.  Bobby.