U-Joints????

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: U-Joints????
From: Phillip <metaz76@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:30:21 -0400
I have been saving the messages on how to change out the u-joints just
incase, but now I am not sure if the u-joints are the problem.  I have been
getting the ticking noise from the rear end that changes with speed.  But
when I got under the car yesterday they seemed like they were all tight.  I
did find that I can turn the driveshaft a bit before it even moves the rear
wheels, is this normal?  I would have thought that it would be tighter, but
my other car is front wheel drive so this is all new to me.  Could someone
tell me exactly how to tell if the u-joints are bad, or should I be able to
tell be moving the tires and feeling the joints for movement?  Thanks for
the help!

Phillip

metaz76@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~metaz76