Re: Lighter flywheels

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lighter flywheels
From: "Mike Ross" <mikeross@Prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:02:52 -0400
In addition to Mark's question:
> Will a lighter flywheel with an uncalibrated harmonic
> balncer through off the engine balance?

If I add a lightened flywheel to an engine being rebuilt I know that I
should balance the crank with the flywheel and clutch disc bolted
together.  But, do I need to bolt on the front pulley too?

Mike           http://pages.prodigy.net/mikeross
'63 Spitfire
'66 Spitfire
'68 Spitfire (donor body tub for GT6 convertible)
'69 GT6+  (donor chassis for GT6 convertible)
'70 GT6+