hot start syndrome??

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: hot start syndrome??
From: "Will Slater" <slaterw@bluffton.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:53:33 -0400
I just saw a reference to "hot start syndrome" in an ad by Ted Schumacher in
the Spitfire and GT magazine. He say that a gear ratio starter is guaranteed
fix the problem. I have noticed with my Spit that as I start it often makes
a loud kind of clanking noise.  That is the only time I hear it. I notice
that after driving for an hour or so and stopping for gas my Spit is hard to
start. It has always started but it gets worrisome especially the farther I
am from home! What can folks on the list tell me about this syndrome? I have
seen regular starters for $66 these HD geared starters were $195-$245 in the
magazine ads. As always I appreciate your help.