RE: Rotten *^&^&%&** car!

To: "'Michael Hargreave Mawson'" <OC@46thFoot.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rotten *^&^&%&** car!
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:45:15 -0500
Sorry to hear that Mike. That sounds a lot like me earlier this summer, the
water pump in the wife's Mustang really started to whine.  Time to change
it, fine new pump.  Test ran the car for about 25km and the temp gauge
starts to go up, up, up.  Pull over and lift the hood, there is coolant
coming out of the top tank of the rad. Limped home and had to get the rad
rebuilt, new belts and thermostat.  Also, had to redetail the engine bay
from all of the sprayed coolant :-(

The lesson I learned, on a vintage car ( >20 years old ), when replacing a
worn part(s) with new, prepare for the situation that lots of other parts
wil not be able to stand up to the new stuff.

Just $.02cdn

David Templeton
'74 Spitsix
'59 TR3a