Re: Rotten *^&^&%&** car!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotten *^&^&%&** car!
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:58:57 +0000
In article <20011205102542.40000.qmail@web9603.mail.yahoo.com>, John
Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>Mike,
>
>I can sympathise with you too having spent over 2 months and hundreds of
>pounds sorting out the front suspension and after only 6 days back on the
>road the ******* engine knackered.

:-((

>  Fortunately I have a spare engine
>that I bought a while back but there's still the unplanned expense and
>hassle of getting it fitted.

Quite - and then, what else is going to go wrong??   So far I have
repaired or replaced the battery, all the electrics, the Clutch slave
and master cylinders, the Brake master cylinder, the accelerator cable,
the carburettors, the engine, the OSF brake caliper, the tyres, the
boot-lid, the hard-top, the washer pump and bottle, the radiator and
valances, the driver's seat, the map light, the soft-top, the rear
suspension, the complete exhaust system, and God knows what else.
There's very little left to go wrong, but no doubt it will.   I think
I'll leave the bodywork for a while until all the mechanical bits have
failed and been fixed...

>I have a dolomite gearbox that you are welcome to have for a bargain
>price if you can collect it.  I'm not sure if this is the same as the
>spitfire box or if it can be fitted.  I'm sure others on this list can
>advise.

Many thanks for the offer.   I have no idea whether these are the same
as Spitty boxes either.   Can anyone confirm or refute this?

>I hope you manage to get it sorted and have a nice reliable car!

Thank you - and the same to you!

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"