Re: Rotten *^&^&%&** car!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotten *^&^&%&** car!
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 07:01:15 +0000
In article <1007556203.3c0e166b9da04@webmail.MUW.Edu>, tw1@MUW.Edu
writes
>Just keeping thinking about the 175 miles. I'm happy now if I can get to
>town and back! Hopefully my "on the road" time will overtake my "in the
>garage" time and so will yours.

I started to work out the ratio a few months ago, and got very
disheartened!   This latest incident has forced me to put my spare car
back on the road again (a tatty 12-year-old Saab 9000), something I had
been trying to avoid - mainly because of the cost of the insurance.

>If you were state-side I'd recommend Atlanta Imported Auto Parts. They
>specialize in repair and restoration of British curiosities like ours and
>the guru there assembled a used/rebuilt gearbox before my very eyes. He
>used no books or manuals and my tranny is smooth as silk for $175.
>
>Otherwise all I can offer is good luck!

I'll take whatever I can get - good luck is a very valuable commodity,
and I'm most grateful for it!

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"