re-finishing rocker cover

To: spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: re-finishing rocker cover
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 07:32:13 -0800 (PST)
The garage are close to comleting the engine swap on Saskia, I popped in
today and she had the new engine in and the carbs were just about to go
on, I should have her back in 2 hours, but I'll believe it when I see it,
the garage is not the most reliable ever...

Is there anything I should check or pay careful attention to when I get
the car back?

The next job that I have lined up once she's back is to clean up and
re-paint the old rocker cover and put it on the new engine.  Is there a
'chrome' effect paint that I could use, or what will give me the chrome
type finish? How were the rocker covers finished at the factory?

I am all quite excited now at getting Saskia back, it's been about 5
months since I last drove her properly!  too long by far!

cheers
John
http://sports.yahoo.com